Wednesday, March 14, 2012

So, I went for my first Mammogram yesterday. A Baseline it's called. I wasn't really nervous. I just felt awkward standing there having this woman I did not know pushing & pulling on my breasts that way.
I didn't know what to do with my hands, of all things. Between pictures, (they take four total. Two positions for each side), instinctively, I wanted to cover my bare breasts yet, I forced my self  to keep my hands to my sides and tried to act casual. I wanted to appear as though I wasn't ashamed or embarrassed but... I WAS!! 


I failed miserably. Epically! I mean, just how does one appear casual when you're standing there in your jeans, naked from the waste up, sucking in your gut cuz you got 20 pounds of extra belly bulge hanging over your belt because you'd forgotten about this appointment when you'd put on the tightest jeans you own that morning? Oh, and let's not forget the fact that your lips are probably turning blue from sucking in your gut & holding it there for so long so you can keep your sagging boobs lifted just a little up off that disgusting belly roll that is falling out all over the place? 


Yeah. I was casual and cool as a flippen cucumber! 

2 comments:

  1. your a little young for a mamogram? sounds scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I'm the same age as you hun. They want you start Mams at least by 40yrs of age and repeat every 2 years. Early detection is the key to surviving breast cancer. Women are dying of breast cancer these days younger and younger. So sooner the better. Get yourself checked. No insurance? You can get it done for FREE! :)

    Oh, and not scary... really. It's not all that bad. Honest. Just a little embarrassing. But, if it saves my life? I can handle a little embarrassment now & again! ;)

    ReplyDelete